Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

Is it bad to drink 4 pints of water in 5 minutes?

I got home from work, then downed a pint of water, then another one because I was still thirsty, then I took by bag and coat upstairs, went back down, and downed 2 more pints. 

Is this unhealthy? 

no, this is not recommended, since too much water can dillute the sodium in your body, and lead to water poisoning

• k w

sounds like you were dehydrated, and all that is only a half gallon, and todays standard for hydration is, 200lb man= 100 ounces of clean water not tap water either....so don't let yourself get so dehydrated again, probably not so great all that water in a short time...don't you drink water at work ? I got a cpl themos', just water goes in them, nothing else, used to carry a frozen gallon of water filled with water, just to keep it cool b4 I retired.....I drank that whole gallon, on the job too !

No, but i have heard of you drink too much water too fast like gulping it down fast you could die. Similar to how drowning works maybe?