Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Are Christians required to accept that Jesus and Peter walked on water?

At some point.... people who are seeking God with all their heart, mind and soul... will endeavour to search as many Scriptures as they can, not because they are required to, but because they love God - it's part of faith to want to glean as much as they can from all that is revealed in Scripture. 

Jesus invited us to ask, knock, and seek.  A person who is committed will do so; and this particular revelation concerning Peter and Jesus holds so much worth.  So why wouldn't a person want to know more would be my question?

I may not live long enough in this body on earth, to know all that is contained in The Holy Bible... but one thing I know is that God has led me from one glory to another, and it's been a wondrously fulfilling journey. The Holy Spirit doesn't force anyone to go further with God, but will grieve for us when we falter to not journey with God.

I'd be more inclined to use the word 'acceptance' that Jesus Christ is who He says he is; that he wants us to learn of him and we likewise answer to that invitation... He wants to perform a glorious work in us all, translating us to be part of His Kingdom; manifesting God's Spirit within us.  By knowing these stories we come to know who Jesus Christ is... also what is offered to us. 

Before you ask any more of these dumb "Are Christians required to accept" questions, let me give you the answers in advance.

God's Word was written specifically for Christians.  Of course we are required to accept ALL OF IT.  We can't cherry pick which bits we decide we want to believe and which bits we don't want to believe or accept.

Either accept all of it or none of it; so now you can stop asking those dumb questions and save yourself 2 points every time can't you? 

No. It was a dream as was with Jonah:  

It clearly says that Jonah fell fast asleep but neglect to say he had a dream while he slept. When he awaken from his dream he did however complete his mission. There are simple stories behind most of the embellished ones, but who would be interested in the simple truth?

• Oleg
      1 month agoReport

Since you refuse to back up your claims - i warn you stop spreading lies, since it is a sin against God. Repent and believe in His son Jesus Christ, for the kingdom of Heaven is near. I shake all your false words as dust off my feet, as warning against you.

Well, since the Bible claims that it is the inspired word of an all knowing god, you have to wonder why you would believe any if it if you disbelieve some of it.  However, the religion does not place requirements on anything other than salvation and people have debated the meanings of those for centuries.

What's so hard to believe about that? I saw Criss Angel do it in a pool full of spectators.

• Oleg

Yes, since if even one part told about Jesus's actions in the Gospel are false - it whole becomes false.

That's what the Bible says, so yes