promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Spidey asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

I'm 5'6.5 and 130 pounds I want to play corner or safety should i gain weight?

Update:

my school sucks at football so im most likely starting either way

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

SS, it's almost like a 4th LB.¹

If your team plays a 5-2, though, you may be really in luck.

Source(s): ¹ Cu Tie
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No respectable coach will let you on the field at that size and weight.  You'd get crushed on the first play like a little cockroach.

• Spidey1 month agoReport

ur gay 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Personally, I do not believe that you need to gain any weight for football. Based on your height and weight, I believe that you will make a very good fit at strong safety. You have the ideal size for a high school senior strong safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this during the next 6 months is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch strong safety in high school football next season, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football next season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.