Pedro asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What do I must do to get out of depression?

• Steven
    Favorite Answer

We can't answer that for you only you can. Questions for you: what must you do to get out depression? For me it might help if I stopped smoking and stop doing drugs. What can you do to feel better each day? For me getting up early and going for a walk might help.  What do you really want for yourself? For me  I wanna travel and experience different things... What can YOU do too hp yourself? Answer these questions and you might help your depression.... 

Some more ideas that are from my own experience that might or might not help you: 

When I eat more healthy foods I tend to feel more relaxed and at peace. Healthy I mean what ever YOU personal believe is healthy, I enjoy nuts, fruit, and eggs ( some will say it's healthy while others not)  

I'm a night owl so getting up early is hard so if I was to forse myself to get up early it will increase feel good hormones inside off me - that might help depression. 

Hiw often do you exercise? I will be honest I hate working out and to be honest I wouldn't be doing it any time soon I'm not lazy as I love walking and I found exercise even if it's a night/morning walk around the streets is something... Increase this daily if you start to enjoy it, if your mad at keeping fit then I'm not sure it could be you going too much , if you don't exercise I would recommend it , like I said any sort. 

Also what I tend to do as a male that I found helps if I do regular and am safe are; fasting and cold showers. Look it up both have the ability to help depression in two different ways and reasons... Again it helps me I'm NOT recommend any off these will defo help you but look them up and experemnt..be safe tho! 

Other stuff that research backs that might help are: vitamin b6 and 12, zinc, magnesium,copper ( if male these increase testosterone - increase testosterone better mood) , Callum and vitamin d ( lots out door and sunshine) , being around pets and or other animals ( my own experience animals make the best friends) 

There is no must and no certain treatment, but the odds go way up if you get out of the house and get a lot of exercise.

• Edwena

Set some goals, work hard and accomplish them. Then you will feel good about yourself. If you can't find anything that you want to do, then find a goal that you don't want to do. Work hard at it and accomplish it. That will build character. The most basic of those is simply getting a job and going to work.

do regular exercise, like swim regularly, it has benefits on the mind.

The word "depression" means so many different things. Depression can be a bad mood that lasts for a day or so every once in a while. It can be an illness that lasts for weeks or months, sometimes longer. There's mild, moderate, and severe depression.

Also, it can be caused by different things - a long period of high stress, a calamity such as the death of a loved one, or a physical illness such as low thyroid function.

Self-help for depression is experimental, and treating severe depression with nothing but self-help is dangerous. I can say though that there's a variety of healthy lifestyle choices that enhance effects of the standard treatments. 

Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach.

The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. This answer has details, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS.

ttps://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150220041901AA0o9hk

• k w

go for a walk, no phone, no radio, go to the park, watch the squirrels chase each other and play....just chill out....til you need to get home, do this everytime you feel lost and confused...it will help give perspective to your life......

• Steven
      1 month agoReport

Wow that was deep that's even helped me thanks

Have therapy, get enough sleep, eat healthily, exercise, try to find meaningful work (paid or otherwise), take anti-depressants. But it's also a resource for creativity, as I and many of my relatives have found.

• LAN

Work on your English and stop begging for attention and see how that leaves you.