promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does anyone what this is? (5 stars fir diagnosis)?

This is a Toyota Yaris (2003)

It was filled up with unleaded petrol and after driving around I noticed whilst driving in 3rd and 4th gear there was a louder noise than normal.

The weather was rainy and windy and after finishing driving I noticed a strange heat kind of smell, not burning. Once I opened the bonnet I noticed it was very hot and this box thing seemed to be leaking.

Is this something that needs fixing and how much would it cost roughly?

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Sounds like the tranny is losing fluid. Some use just plain motor oil on a manual tranny versus an automatic tranny. Get it looked at and prepare for a low cost repair or a high cost repair. May just be the clutch is shot, the clutch cylinder or slave cylinder is shot, or a seal is leaking.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Your heater box is leaking.  Cost is unknow, it could be just a bad hose or loose connection which is not much to fix, or the core may be corroded and need replaing which can be expensive.

Fill it with coolant and have your mechanic look.

• 1 month ago

Most likely your water pump has gone out.Probably $400-500.Possibly more.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Coolant supply and return lines to and from the heater core are likely leaking and needs to be replaced.  One to one and a half hour labor plus parts and supplies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.