Why am I scheduled for work at 6am?

Come time March I'll be tardy all ready no time to shower, why is it legal to schedule someone for work this early, it's painful 

Sometimes all you need is a little Common Sense.

If you do not have time to shower in the morning, shower before bedtime.

If it is too early for you to be at work at 6am, get another job that will allow you to sleep in the morning. 

If you are not a morning person, do not apply for or work in places that require you to be there in the early morning.

If you are unable to take any of the above advise, I suggest you go back to school and get an education. 

Please do not feed this troll.  He has a history of stupid questions, asks a lot of questions about panhandling, and claims to be mentally ill.

• Richard
      1 month agoReport

Are you sure that it's just a claim?

• xyzzy

It is legal because that is when they need you to be at work. Why will you be late in March with no time to shower? You simply get up earlier or you find a new job that better suits your idea of work hours.

Welcome to LIFE. For the record, people are scheduled to work EVERY HOUR of EVERY DAY. People also learn to GET UP on time to get ready for work on time. They also learn to GO TO BED on time to get enough sleep.

If I were your boss, and I read this question, I would offer you an alternative. You don't have the come in EVER. Your paycheck will reflect that schedule.

Note: My SECOND job is as an election day worker for the Board of Elections. On election day, I report by 5:50 am and am on duty until AT LEAST 8:30 pm. That assumes all the voters are done before the polls officially close at 7:30. Any voter in line at 7:30 gets to vote, even if it takes until the next morning.

• Pretzel1 month agoReport

My wife provides for me so i don't have to work.

Because that's when you start work.

if you dislike it, find a different job. my nephew starts a 5am some mornings so that the store is ready to open at 8am

• Robin

just get up at 4am like I do

• audrey

Get up earlier. Problem solved.

Aw, poor baby. Let's change jobs. I start at 4 AM some days, 8 AM others. It's called "the work schedule".

Has anyone ever had to take a BIG deuce?