promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

hit car on pole in parking structure ?

i just hit my car on a parking structure pole while i was trying to park. i just started driving and my mom will kill me if she finds out, the damage is not bad at all there is just a scratch on my car that just needs to be buffed out. she’s already scared to let me drive and i’m worried she’s gonna take the car for a while. i was thinking i could just not tell her until she notices and then act like i didn’t know what had happened. any advice? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Those poles get everybody. Watch your blind spots. If you can buff it out, good for you. First remove paint transfer with a rag soaked in WD40. If there's a bruise, buff that out with rubbing compound, then polish ( I use Brasso metal polish- cheap and easy to find), then wax it. Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I hope your kids are ten times worse to you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No advice to the anonymous.

Lie to your mother by pretending to not know anything.

I hope your kids are ten times worse to you.

You just started driving and you have your own car?  Oh well.  Easy come, easy go.

• 1 month ago

Isn't it amazing what people think can be "buffed out"? Like, "I was in a head-on collision and the other drivers insurance company said my totaled car damage could be "buffed out"." Man up and show her what happened.

• The Devil
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Go back and read what he said.. He said it wasn't bad. Add all you want between the lines, if you need a different story.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you’re not mature enough to accept responsibility for your actions then you are not mature enough to be trusted with a driving license.

What do you think will anger your mum more? Admitting you made a mistake and damaged her car, or treating her like an idiot and lying about it?

A bit of bent metal and broken plastic is quickly mended leaving no sign of the incident. Broken trust takes a LOT longer to restore, and ALWAYS leaves a permanent scar.

Your choice.

• 1 month ago

Have your eyes examined - update your glasses.  While you are at it, have your head examined.  Your mother has a right to know - it's HER car.  And she probably will want it fixed right.  And, the parking lot owner may come after HER for the cost of the pole repair - and she will be charged for hit & run.  I can't fix stupid, but you could make the best of it by fixing your trying to get away with it.  Almost all parking lots have video coverage, except for very small ones, owned by people who own probably just that one lot.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you have this programmed to post periodically - or do it manually when you're bored?

• 1 month ago

Stop overexaggerating, your Mom is not going to kill you. Just tell her and move on with life. What are you going to do when a real crisis strikes.

• 1 month ago

Was it at a parking lot like the mall. Blame it on another driver. Just say you didn’t notice it when you got out of the mall. 

• 1 month ago

I'm interested dating your sister

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.