promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Drew asked in SportsBoxing · 1 month ago

Is Tyson Fury the greatest pound for pound fighter of all time?

He is now, in my eyes, the undisputed world champion of boxing on the planet earth.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. He has defeated the best of the best and never lost a fight. If he has three more fights, which is his intention, and retires undefeated he will indeed be the greatest fighter in boxing history and no one will dispute that. Wilder was totally outclassed last night. 

• ...Show all comments
    • onthe451 month agoReport

I think he probably is the best heavyweight in the world right now. P4P well maybe Lomachenko or Canelo might have something to say about that!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Sigh. Does anyone here actually understand the phrase "pound for pound" ??? If so, then Fury is self evidently not that.

• 1 month ago

Well, depends. You cannot say until he fights the previous champions.

http://www.thepositiveindian.in/2020/03/01/tyson-f...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He's the best in the world at the moment 100%.  The best of all time - that's impossible to say.  Ali, Tyson, Foreman, Frazier, Holmes, Lewis, Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Norton, Holyfield, etc would have something to say about that. But he's certainly not too shabby and when he beats Joshua and retires unbeaten he can/will be referred to as a great heavyweight.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He had 2 good fights against Wilder and he beat Klitscho, how can he be rated as the best fighter ever with only 31 fights. Dam kids!

• 1 month ago

I have no clue tbh lol

• 1 month ago

Of course not. He is a heavyweight. He is not the same all around boxer as Sugar Ray Robinson Willie Pepe Roberto Duran Henry Armstrong. In fact he is not even the greatest heavyweight of all time. Joe Louis Muhammad Ali Larry Holmes Jack Johnson etc were all superior. 

• adam
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Nope. ROCKY MARCIANO

• 1 month ago

Fury could be the best,

But first he must go through one more fighter and we all know who that is only then he will be known as the best in the heavy weight division, 

But hats off to fury he came and did what he said he was going to do what fighter these days does a thing like that? I really don’t know many and in my personal opinion wilder got exposed he stepped up against an opponent (fury) who weren’t afraid of what he had and brought his own fire to the fight and wilder payed the price he was always destined to pay with his one dimensional style,

The heavy weight division is a really exciting place in boxing right now. #FURYVSJOSHUANEXT.

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael1 month agoReport

I would not of called wilder the best for 2 simple reasons,

Reason 1:
      He only held 1 of the four belts,

Reason 2:
      He barley fought a fighter inside the top ten and when he did he either nearly got beat (Lewis Ortiz) and he got beat (Tyson fury)

Wilder cherrypicked most of his opponents.

• 1 month ago

Greatest British fighter ,yeah.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Rubbish. P4P we have at least four better British boxers in history. Ted Kid Lewis, Bob Fitzsimmons, Ted Kid Berg, Tommy Farr and probably many more.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Takanori Gomi and Fedor Emelianenko were way better. Pretty much any fighter that studies an art with striking and grappling is automatically better than just striking. Boxers are nothing against a BJJ or combat sambo expert

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.