promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Coronavirus has a very high mortality rate compared to flu and is a lot more contagious. Is humanity facing an extinction level event?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trump is president, climate change is getting worse, I think the end is coming

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only inferior people will go extinct.

The strong among us will carry on and prosper like never before.  

• hush1 month agoReport

leave the hobbs and shaw at the movie theater man... btw i love that movie

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Flu has a MUCH HIGHER mortality rate and is MUCH MORE  contagious  than is the very common corona virus.  Humanity is NOT facing an extinction level event due to corona virus.

Like every other air-borne virus, this  year's strain of corona virus will gradually fade away, and then will make a repeat appearance in a different strain next year or the year after, just like the flu does.  

• 2 months ago

i would hope not

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

At this point Covid-19 appears to have a mortality rate of 2%-3%, making it roughly the equivalent of influenza.  Given that influenza is much more widespread, it's more of a threat than coronavirus.  The Spanish Flu epidemic, for example, had a mortality rate of closer to 20%.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would hope not

• 2 months ago

Baby can you dig your man? He is a righteous man!

• 2 months ago

Not just yet.  8^)  The bubonic plague went totally wild in Europe several times, as recently as the 17th century.  They had absolutely no idea what caused it, how it spread, how to treat it.  It killed 1/3 of the population of Europe and THAT wasn't an extinction-level event. 

• 2 months ago

According to my last game of Plague Inc., Coronavirus is gonna eradicate humanity in June of 2027.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

nope.     ....................................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.