promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
joshua asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Stolen wallet?

My id fell out my pocket today, with my account number, Id and credit card. My id has my old address on it because I never renewed it. I freeze my bank account because someone took money out both checking and my credit card account. I was wondering how my damage can a person do to my identity with an old address ? Can the person open up a new accounts even though I freeze my bank ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Freeze your credit with the credit bureaus...not just your bank.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Freeze your credit with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. No one will be able to open new accounts in your name. Not even you. Until you temporarily unfreeze them for a specific purpose.

• 1 month ago

You need to freeze your credit also.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Freezing the bank wont stop someone from opening an account except they are not you and they dont look like you and they don't live at the same address.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Without your social security number they really can't do much. Your name and address are public knowledge. Up unitl a few years ago they were listed in the phone book and distributed to everyone free of charge. Having your bank account number does not allow them to do anything. You do understand that your bank account number, your name, and your address are on every check that you write?

• joshua1 month agoReport

I’m new to this, I never wrote a check out in my life. The only reason I had a check in my wallet was to apply for planet fitness. Lol I can’t remember my account number by heart so I carry a 
       check to remind myself.

• Adam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The chances are they were just interested in the cash & cards. It’s very unlikely your only ID will be used for anything. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.