Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Can you cut this recipe down to 1cup flour?

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6880/fry-bread-i...

If I used only 1 cup flour from 4 cups as given, I would have to cut everything down by 1/4th. But it's been a long time since school so since you're bored, lets make this a win-win.

You wouldn't cut the recipe down by 1/4 but to 1/4 or to 25 percent. Multiply each ingredient by 0.25 and you'll be golden. BTW, don't reduce the heat or the cook time.

Multiplying and reducing recipes, especially for baking, are not one for one. It takes a long time and much effort and many tries to make a good, balanced baking recipe. I suggest you make the whole recipe and give away what you aren’t going to eat.

I'm in the UK and your link didn't take me to a recipe.

If the original calls for four cups (or four of anything) and you're using only one then you are using 1/4 the amount so you need to use 1/4 the amount of each ingredient.

Cutting everything down by 1/4 as you suggest is completely wrong!!!

• CB

No you need to cut everything down by 75% 1 cup is 25% of 4 cups . So multiply all ingredient by .25.