Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How should I explain my insecurities to my friends?

I am a 28 year old woman from India who has lived in the US for 3 years. I have 4 close friends(22-25) who were my house mates and since ive been in the country they have truly supported me. I am the odd one out of my friends, they are 5'2-5'4 petite white women, yet I am 6'7 300 pound dark skinned brown woman. This has been an ongoing insecurity since they would continuously date many attractive guys, yet I would be getting rejected.

Now they all have boyfriends who are all 6'0-6'3 muscular white men, around their age. They have all been in relationships from 10-16 months. My friends still treat me the same, and still truly care for me like a friend. On top of that, I get along well with their boyfriends and they seem to respect me. Our friendship has grown stronger if anything. But even though I should feel happy for having such supportive friends I still feel insecurity around them.

I have gotten more self conscious about by height and weight, being both taller and heavier than everyone in the group including their bfs. Ironically I am more self conscious about my race and cultural differences even though I am more assimilated. I spend alot of time around them so I want them to understand my insecurities, inorder to strengthen our friendship. 

Favorite Answer

Not sure why you should explain your insecurity to your friends.  Your biology was not a consequence of their actions.  If I were you I'd focus more on learning to accept yourself in your own body than placing responsibility for how you feel on them.  And anyway, what exactly do you expect them to do about it?  Go find yourself a nice tall man who likes larger women.  I recently went to a wedding a saw a couple where the female was about your height and her husband was just about there too.  Happy as heck.

Repeated spamming of this BS story.