Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

A new boy in my class slapped my face because I kept flicking his ear. I'm a girl. Was he wrong to slap me?

Asking here because most of my class thinks I deserved it. I'm in high school, and quite popular. We have a few friends and it's a tradition if a new person comes to our class we give them a hard time for a few days as a bit of an initiation. 

Anyway, yesterday we got this new boy in our class. His parents moved recently from El Salvador, and he's got quite a strong accent. Tbh he's very cute and I gave him a harder time than usual just so he'd interact with me. So when he spoke to me I'd mimic his accent and make some jokes at his expense. He was getting a little angry and I liked the tension between us. I sat behind him in class and kept flicking one of his ears. I literally turned his ear from brown to red the number of times I flicked it. I know this sounds mean but it was honestly in good fun. Then suddenly he just turned around and I felt his hand fly across my face. He slapped my left cheek so hard my hair flew all over my face and tears started running down my cheeks. And he said "You will get one of these every time you touch me".The teacher scolded him but most people in the class think I deserved to be hit. How is a boy hitting a girl across her face okay whatever the circumstances? I feel so humiliated right now honestly.

Favorite Answer

You completely deserved it. No matter how you feel about him you were bullying him. It is unacceptable what your behavior was. No one deserves to be harassed or picked on for any reason. You are asking if what you did deserved you being slapped? Something that small be it from one person or many people could have turned into something so much worse. Be glad it was just a slap. Leave the kid alone 

YES *****...you deserved it. Everything u explained screamed DUMB *****. You put your hands on him first. It does not matter that u are a rich white privilege popular ****. I mean just dont forget what happened and consider life saved because the next mother fu**er might have killed you. 

Absolutely unacceptable! No one should slap you, or put their hands on you no matter the circumstances. Yes, you were bothering him, but violence is not the answer. If he didn't like it, he could have told the teacher to handle the situation and get you in trouble. Hopefully this boy got expelled or suspended, you can't let anyone get away with hitting you. It is not right nor correct. He should be ashamed of himself because his mother should have taught him not to hit on anyone, especially girls. Men SHOULD NOT hit women.

• Lauren1 month agoReport

She hurt him first cause she flicked his ear until it was red. A man can hit a woman if the man is being injured or hurt by the woman! 

You had it coming not gonna lie. Also if you want a boy to interact with you don't try and be mean dudes are not as complex as girls if you talk to us we with talk back if you flick our ears we will try to hold in anger until we snap not that hard.

Source(s): Me

Y'all are young and need to not be touching each other at all. 

Did he deserve to have you picking on him, making fun of his accent and then flicking his ear the way you did?  Making jokes and teasing is one thing but you put your hands on him first by flicking his ears so yes, you did deserved to be slapped.

Equality... tho?

Haven't you been paying attention you stupid Tw#t? Everybody's equal now,,so you're lucky he didn't Punch you in your face & bust your teeth....troll..

U kinda deserved it. That’s bullying 

• And you she tell him you like him, not play games.. annoying a person til they snap is not how to inspire love... it inspires anger and hate

You should feel humiliated because of the way you treated someone from a foreign country.  Bet you don't do that anymore. You were bullying him.

Nobody has any right to slap another person even if u were flicking his ear. he can tell you to back off but he can't hit you. if your parents have never hit you, why would it be right for anyone out there to do that to you?

You can lodge a complaint to the school he need disciplinary action.