Xxxx asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why won’t yahoo do anything about harassers?

There’s one person in particular who likes to constantly stalk vulnerable people on here and harass and acts like he is so “above” everyone else (LAN). By the looks of it, he’s been doing this for years but it still continues to happen. Why doesn’t YA do anything about these types of people? 

I know right?! I have some sensitive stuff going on an he just made fun of me. he made a 13 yo cry and feel worthless. to hell with em

• Edna

LAN is a long-time Y/A user. His or her comments to questions are spot-on. LAN doesn't abide repetitive or foolish questions, and let's you know it.

Website Administrators have bigger problems to worry about.

The one user who you are talking about can be blocked by anyone, so that should solve this minor problem.

I could easily block you, or anyone else in less than 1 minute. Instead of complaining about other users here you could either block them, or ignore them.

I know what it's like to make, and maintain websites. If I wanted to then I could try to explain what those bigger problems are, but I doubt by me doing this would give you a better understanding of the concept of having bigger problems. It's not like you would be able to understand me if I were to discuss about what those bigger problems are, so I don't see any point in me explaining anything about this to you. I also think that the website administrator has minor problems too to deal with, but I still think it's bigger than your problem.

I will try explaining some problems Yahoo had, and I will start small, but I won't make my way all the way up. Because I think the chances of you understanding would go down to probably zero percent.

I remember one time that the navigation, for Yahoo Answers had to be used in a more difficult way than what most users might be seeing now, and it should be on the left side of your screen like it is on mine, but at one point it wasn't there. I think the website administrator made a good decision to put the categories on the left side of the page instead of having to search, for a URL that has all of the categories on it. Now I think Yahoo Answers is more friendly to use.

The latest problem that I seen here on Yahoo Answers was small windows popping up that require puzzles to be solved. There might be websites that require puzzles to be solved before registering a new account, but I was constantly seeing this challenge whenever I was answering other user's questions, and I am not sure if other people had the same problem. Yes, I thought that was a problem that should never have existed on yahoo answers. I don't see this problem anymore, but maybe it might come back.

There are other issues that I could talk about that requires attention from the website administrator too. I wanted to give you some examples of problems I noticed a while ago on yahoo answers.

I provided a solution above that a chimpanzee can probably do on his, or her own, so I don't know why you won't do it. I suppose maybe a chimpanzee can figure out how to block someone on yahoo answers. I was able to figure it out on my own how to block other users. Ignoring other users is also another solution too!

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

The "challenge" questions you used to see were used  by Y/A  to weed out "bots" on this site.. I think Yahoo has discontinued their use.

You have just "called out" a specific user, which is a violation.

Before you point a finger, maybe you should look in the mirror.

Why can't you block this person?  If you know his aliases, etc.  Put him on block.  Otherwise stop posting for a while to see if the moron disappears.  Yahoo/Oath do not really monitor things on this site much.  There are plenty of ppl that should be removed permanently.  So basically the motto here is use at your own risk.

maybe you should go into help yahoo and contact someone there about it

• Xxxx2 months agoReport

I have. 

Why you stressing about it? Just ignore . Do you know who he/she is?

Just block them and move on.