Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 month ago

If you were debating an atheist in real life then they had a heart attack/got hit by car/etc would you Baptize them they are not conscious?

The atheist has never been baptized before. 

What does that mean.. ARE you one of the brainwashed people who think IF you are baptized you are going to your so called heaven and all your so called sins are forgiven.. 

'

THAT IS STUPID..

'

IT'S a frame of mind and belief.. 

AND dropping so water on someone's head is not going to change their minds if they do not want to change.

i do not have a "soul". i see that as an invention of the judeo-christian religion carried into islam. 

the only life a person has is this reality of mind and body, life and death, spiritual and material.

the only place you have created a soul is in your own mind, it does not exist anywhere else.

this is the problem with believing a philosophical value is a metaphysical reality, while ignoring actual reality.

• Mintee

it wouldnt matter.. to receive the blessing of God.. you have to be fully concious and know whats going on...

I'd praise the Lord for smiting them down for their blasphemous questioning.

No because of baptism that is done while you're unconscious or as a child has no meaning. baptism is a voluntary outward sign that says to everybody looking look everybody I am repenting of my old way of life I'm dying to my old way of life and I am becoming reborn as a Christian.

i dont see why not

• Susie

Of course not. I was raised to believe that you don’t even baptize babies as it is a personal decision and one needs to be old enough to know that they want to accept God.  

• RE
      1 month agoReport

You think a loving God rejects an innocent baby from heaven if the baby is too young for baptism? God accepts babies, not the other way around; they're still "trailing clouds of glory from heaven which is their home." Same for an adult "atheist" whose heart God already knows with or without baptism.

• Gloria

What the point of baptizing them if they don't believe in God.

• joe1 month agoReport

Forgiveness of sins before they die.