Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 2 months ago

How do I get rid of stage freight?

It's easy to play with band mates, but when not when you're alone

Favorite Answer

Ask yourself, when I sit in the audience as a viewer, what is it that YOU think about the person being on stage? Are you sitting there criticizing the person, laughing on the inside, do you focus ONLY on the person looking nervous, or are you just looking on, waiting for them to do their act? You might notice that the person is nervous but its not at all important to you. In fact, you might think their nervousness is not even important; it's to be expected so you just wait patiently waiting for him/her to sing, or play an instrument.

What I said above really has to set in your brain. You might be nervous walking on the stage and preparing BUT no one is going to criticize you; they are waiting to hear your art. So my point is, be nervous (no one cares about that) they just want to hear and watch you perform your instrument. The more you tell yourself, it's okay to be nervous, the audience expects that. but i'm going to just walk on stage and play my instrument and get it over with. That's all that matters.

What you DON'T want to do is (which I've seen many times) is put your nervousness on display in such an obvious way that it's ridiculous. I've seen singers in a group, turn around and face the wall while the others act normal (i kid you not). I've see some pace back and fourth on stage, I've seen them use the song on paper to hide their face. THESE kids are the ones that the audiance is paying attention and that's all we can see. We the audiance get upset because how silly they are acting. we came for a show, not that mess.

so what I'm saying to you is, the audiance is not focussing on YOU as a person, we are not judging you, your looks, your face, NOT anything but waiting for you to perform. It also helps to know that we the audiance are you too, we all get nervous in varies times in our own lives, we are not superior than you, we are the same. I think the more you convince yourself of that, the more you will see that this is just for fun and not a walk of shame for a jail sentence.

The last thing is, be nervous but make sure you make it a point to not act silly. Just walk on the stage, prepare your instrument, take a few deep breaths, and then start.

Before the day, use your mind to play out in your head walking on stage, preparing, and perform. The more prepared you are, the better.

This is for fun. So have fun.

good luck, you'll do GREAT!

• not at all in my opinion

DRUGS always work. Hope I steered you in the right direction.

You cannot move stage freight in NYC unless you call Local 1 - the Stagehands Union of the AFL-CIO.

• Tony B

Now, are you absolutely SURE you mean “stage freight”?

• Hamstern2 months agoReport

I can smell an idiot because I've been an idiot.

Hire one of those removal firms that specialise in that sort of thing. They'll move your freight in no time, from the smallest prop (like a telephone, say) to the entire stage itself.

• Mark

I would quite honestly say tha this

is 1 of thos cases where Practic does

truly mak for the better so all in du

Ťimė :---)

..................................................................................

go out and deliberately make a fool of your self

go ahead cause a seance ya its cross training

streak down the busy street in your bday suite

get in a fight

once you push your comfort zone enough getting in front of a crowd will be easy

Ask lord lestermount