promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I have to stick my hand in a bag in the toilet  because its clogged as he threw away the plunger and expects me to do this ?

Update:

Sorry wife threw away plunger 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mr. L.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Time to make a run to a 24 hour Walmart and get a new plunger!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pmsl divorce. Dolly Parton style.

• 1 month ago

Don't use your hand in a plastic bag because the bag might come off and you will end up with a worse clog. Instead, go buy a "snake"--a crank-operated long spring that you feed into the toilet and turn--and it ought to remove the clog. Your arm and hand may not be long enough to reach the clog anyway, suction in the toilet pipes may pull your arm into the trap, and you will end up bruised.  A snake doesn't cost very much. It's a tool every homeowner should have. While you're there, buy (1) a new plunger and also a small plastic item that is long, barbed and flexible for smaller clogs. Always keep these things near your bathroom so they don't get thrown away. 

• 1 month ago

As gloves and bags usually got flooded anyway, I got used to using my bare hand when I was a plumber if initial methods such as plungers failed. But only if the customer hadn’t already filled the toilet bowl with caustic chemicals. 

It was quick, very effective, and far more profitable as I could then get away quickly to the next paying job.

Thoroughly washing your hands and forearms, also around and under the nails, works just fine as skin is very good at protecting unless it has any cuts or sores. 

I had a full arm gauntlet but it simply gave far too little feel for whatever was causing the blockage. Most of the time it was just a mass of unflushed paper, wet wipes (never flush those, even if they claim to be flushable), female sanitary protection, or cardboard toilet roll cores. Or a combination of those.

So it boils down to this: Can you overcome your squeamishness to avoid paying an emergency plumber who may well just resort to using his or her hand anyway? How long do you want a blocked toilet for? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Use a bucket until a new plunger becomes available.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I suggest you go ahead and clean the toilet and then use that same hand (unwashed) to fix his lunch.

• 1 month ago

13 year olds can't legally marry in the civilized world.

• 1 month ago

Obviously the solution is to go buy another plunger or don’t fix the toilet if possible out of spite. 

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

That, or you could always create an outhouse instead. Your choice.

• Michael1 month agoReport

Go old school

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.