Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 month ago

What are some good speakers for the car?

Where are my hip-hoppers at? I need some good speakers that are good on bass and will make me look cool without the sunglasses. I already have factory bose speakers that came with the car and they’re good but I need something great. I heard alpines are good but which brand is the best? My budget is $500

Go to skar audio the got a 2 subwoofers in the box, an amp, and wiring, all for a killer price. Good quality at fair prices. 

• Bort

If you don't have subs and an amp that is what is most likely the thing you'd want to add and it can be done on that budget. Which one is the "best" is purely a matter of opinion. The important part is getting the wattage right. You don't want to over-power anything and blow them out, you don't want to little power either.

You can buy a kicker combo that will do you well like one of these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kicker-44DCWC122-12-120...

That one may be a bit too big for a "car", you didn't mention what kind of vehicle it is or whether you already have an amp or what head unit you have if it's aftermarket etc etc etc. You left out a lot that would be helpful to know in order to make a good suggestion.

I've had that exact kicker box for 8 years now, I have a different 800watt amp powering it but that amp will do it good, it's actually a much better (since it has remote level control) and more powerful than the amp I'm using with it.

I've had it in SUV's since I've had it. It fit in a Jeep Liberty's rear door space but it took just about all of that space up. I have been using it in a Laredo now which has more room and with my 800watt amp it sounds amazing, that thing kicks like a %&*#'ing mule, the truck sometimes feels like it's leaving the ground depending on the song playing.

You may not want something that big in a car. It will be way too much. They do make a single speaker version of it that will be much better for a car.

https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Single-12-Kick...

The above box is ported too (has a hole in it) so that probably sounds pretty awesome, too. But since I have a bigger SUV with the room for the dual kicker...I'll keep the dual.

Bose systems are the best sound systems , don't upgrade it , just add sound deadner to your car and maybe an underseat sub woofer...

• It's not just all about a good quality speaker, you need to rely on the amplifier as well. The amplifier is what feeds and operates the speaker. If you were to run a monoblock on a speaker, then all you would hear is just the low-end frequencies. A monoblock is only reserved for a subwoofer, not for a speaker.

An aftermarket car speaker needs a two or a four channel, the head unit doesn't rely much work on feeding it and operating it.

Most aftermarket speakers are good. Here are some brands I'd recommend.

Rockford Fosgate

Soundqubed

Alpine

Skar Audio

JL Audio

I got pioneer speakers in my car and they sound nice. Wouldn't call them the best i ever heard tho.

So you want something good but your budget is $500. Choose ONE of those.

• floor1 month agoReport

I rather spend the rest of my money on ur mother