Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Am I pregnant or freaking out over nothing?

I was supposed to start my period on Tuesday, but it’s over three days later and I still don’t have my regular period. I started spotting last night and this morning I had some extremely light bleeding that I am still having. I am on birth control, but I did stop taking it two months ago and started up again over three weeks ago. I’ve been nauseous and had headaches for the past couple of days, and when I started spotting I noticed I had cramps as well. I did take a pregnancy test that was tested with my urine on Wednesday at my doctor’s office when I went in for a urinary tract infection, but it tested negative. I will also mention that when they tested my urine for a uti, it was negative as well. Am I just making myself crazy or am I actually pregnant and I don’t know it?

You started taking birth control over three weeks ago after stopping it for about two months.

The birth control hormones are messing with your cycle.  Restarting birth control changed the pattern of your period.  

The chance of pregnancy is very low.  Are you taking the same type of birth control you used in the past or is it a different brand.  Some birth control pills also cause lighter periods or even no period.

So, I think it is your pill and not pregnancy.  

• Sariah

First, admit you're human and not a machine with settings.  Urine test negative...  Your s/s are PMS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle#Cycl... 2 DIFFERENT CYCLES

Cycles and phases

Menstrual cycle

Flowchart of the hormonal control of the menstrual cycle

The menstrual cycle can be described by the ovarian or uterine cycle. The ovarian cycle describes changes that occur in the follicles of the ovary whereas the uterine cycle describes changes in the endometrial lining of the uterus. Both cycles can be divided into three phases. The ovarian cycle consists of the follicular phase, ovulation, and the luteal phase, whereas the uterine cycle consists of menstruation, proliferative phase, and secretory phase.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sexplanations/videos SEXPLANATIONS

Have you had sex?  then yes, you could be pregnant.