promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it better to quit or get fired? ?

I have two food service jobs. One where I work 5 days during the day and the other I just work one night a week but I make more money. 

The second job does not like me and are trying to fire me by writing me up. It’s just a matter of time before I’m fired. 

I would quit now to save face- but I need that extra money. I don’t make a lot at my main job and they won’t put me on nights there.  

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The only way is to find another night one or manage the one job.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Neither one.  Come up with a plan to improve whatever they are writing you up for and make it better.

• Get another second job then quit. 

Or have a chat with your boss, and try to improve on the issues they have with you.

Depending on where you are usually, unemployment benefits are for full time employees. If you're part time, typically you don't get any thing (accept money that they owe you) if you're fired or if you quit. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Take responsibility for your issues and improve and you won't be fired. Write ups do not mean you will be fired, it means they formally notified you of your need to improve.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You decide if saving face is worth more than the money you'll make.

• 1 month ago

Short term, it's better to get fired, because you have a better chance of getting unemployment.

Long term, it's better to quit, because getting fired will make it harder to find jobs in the future.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.