promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

DC to DC transformer...Dangerous?

I have a DC-DC step-up transformer. I input 8 AA batteries (~11volts) and it outputs ~750-1500volts. Would it be ok if the voltage accidentally crossed path with my heart?

Or is it perfectly fine to touch?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    u shouldn't be touching higher DC voltages stepped up from the battery voltage.

    u can get an electrical shock.

    bc the electric mouse traps uses 4 C batteries which produces 6V and the internal step up transformer steps it up to higher voltage killing a mouse.

  • 1 month ago

    Depends on what current that high voltage source can deliver. It's unlikely to be high, say 1mA. At that voltage/current, you'll get a painful zap but it won't do you any harm.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Nice try. It's not a DC transformer. There is no such thing. But go ahead and try that thing across your heart. Let us know how it goes.

    • I know. I tried to change the question title, but it did´t let me.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.