promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Doug asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

before ww2 kicked off, Nevelle. Chamberlain went to germany to meet with hitler?

the prime minister of Britain went to meet with hitler and sign a non aggression pact with hitler, before the war. hitler wanted the sumatran land, around checoslovakia, but why was it up to chamberlain, to sign the pact and say ok as long as thats all u want take that and no more aggression. ya i know im missing somethng, but that the way it appeared to me on a recent documentary

Update:

forgive my spelling,  sudatan land i think its called and well please forgive my spelling 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The French were involved in the Sudetenland discussions too, but you otherwise pretty much have it. As the Czechs learned, if you don't have a seat at the negotiating table, that means you're probably on the menu.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Fascinating stuff. The Giant Apes of Borneo which were known to inhabit the forests around Prague figured large in the peace discussions. Hitler was all for shooting the lot and displaying them stuffed on 'Museum Island' in Berlin, whereas Chamberlain felt they should be enrolled into a national service of some sort and enabled to do socially useful work.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I refuse to lose any brain cells reading this sad excuse for a question. I REFUSE!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sudetenland – Chamberlain had no right to hand it over (which he basically did although through diplomatic means).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He went to germany twice to see hitler, he knew that hitler was going to go to war, he just wanted more time for britain to prepare,he gave us a year to get ready, hitler treated him with contempt and thought chamberlain was a fool.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.