promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

why is that when I go long periods of strict dieting and weight loss, I gain it all back once I go back to old eating habits?

Update:

and the weight gain happens pretty quick 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

This website may help you https://weightlossfast247.com/leptitox2

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

On a strict diet you consume fewer calories than you were eating before. You eat less, you lose weight. You go back to old habits and eat more than you need, you gain weight. This is why people need to pick a sustainable diet to lose weight. Something you can stick with forever. 

• 1 month ago

Because you went back to old eating habits. After a person loses weight, they need to continue eating healthy foods, and not resort to junk anymore.

Having a treat once in a while won't hurt but that's detrimental sometimes because it causes some people to spiral out of control and start their old eating habits all over again.

• 1 month ago

Because 99% of diets fail.

If you don't change your eating habits permanently then every time you diet your metabolism becomes even more efficient and not only do the pounds come back they bring some more pound buddies along for the ride.  

Yo yo dieting is not healthy, it is hard on your heart and other organs.

Cut down the amount of empty calories you eat permanently.  Limit fats and sugar and focus on eating healthy all the time.  You may never become slender but you will probably lose some weight and your body will be healthier.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because strict diets are not sustainable.  You are better off making small adjustments to your eating habits until you notice you are slowly losing weight, and then stick with that particular type of eating forever.   Look at the amount of calories that are in the foods you are eating and cut back on the portions of the high calorie stuff. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.