Christian asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why can't you answer a question a second time if you delete your first answer?

• .

Because there's an edit function to correct/change your answer if you need to, so there should be no need to answer multiple times. If you delete your answer it's assumed you didn't mean to answer the question or decided you didn't want to post an answer.

Because it’s the equivalent of saying “I quit!”.

That is the way Yahoo answers works.

• Daniel

The only let you Answer the Question once Because they dont want people to Constantly Delete the Answer and Constantly Repost the Answer

If you just need to Redo your Answer you dont need to Delete it Because you can Edit your Answer Instead and just Rewrite it

Click the Edit Answer Button Instead and you can Redo your Answer

• Because the meaning of delete is to remove it.  If you want to edit it just click on edit.  You learn your lesson this time.  But it is only two points.  Don't worry too much about it and move on.

Because if you delete your first answer instead of editing it you LOSE the 2 points an are blocked from answering a second time so you CANNOT point game that way. You were asked to confirm that you really wanted to delete te your answer, and you confirmed it. Almost everyone learns this lesson the hard way at least once. I recent was able to answer the same question a second time, but I did NOT delete my answer..My answer was probably reported enough times that it was deleted from the YA display, but I do not think I lost 10 points. I was able to answer a second time. I have no idea if that was a glitch or Yahoo or Verizon staff were involved or not.

If you delete your answer instead of editing it, you lose the 2 points and cannot answer the same question a second time.

.

• Sharon

Because you only get one chance to answer. If you don't like your first answer edit it and do not delete.

• casper

Maybe to prevent spam? Dude yahoo chat was screwed with spam.