Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

My friends won't talk to me!?

I'm a 14 year old girl and a freshman in high school. I'm best friends with a couple of other girls in my class. The three of us are inseparable and get along really well. The thing is, I have to give them money in order for them to talk to me and be my friend. It's their "rule". If I don't give them my lunch money or something, they won't talk to me or hang out with me at all, and they'll even threaten to hurt me if I try to talk to them without paying them. At the beginning of the school year, one of them kicked me, which hurt for days, because I didn't pay them but tried to talk to them. I can't help it! My mom packs my lunches some days, so I have no money to give them. I really miss them when they won't talk to me! I give them my lunch money as much as I can. If you're wondering, I don't starve or anything. I usually eat something when I get home because I usually have no money for lunch because of these friends I have. Anyways, I overslept this morning, so I didn't have time to have breakfast. I was starving during the school day, so I HAD to buy myself lunch. I couldn't give my lunch money to my friends. I told my friends my situation, and they just said "You know the rule! Pay up or you can't hang out with us. Now get lost!". Please help me guys! These two girls are my only friends at school! I have no other friends I can hang out with! How can I get them to talk to me again? I feel really lonely right now because of this!

I don't want new friends! I'm too attached to these girls!

• Edwena

You should report this crime to the school principal. For one reason, you are not the only kid that they will strong-arm. And, you should stop running around with them. The reason why you don't have other friends is because they know what these 2 are doing and avoid them and you.

Girly they aren't your friends they're toxic bullies. They only talk to you because you pay them I know you may have no good friends right now but if you know someone nice why don't you ask to sit by them at lunch? Trust me these friends will only bring you down and if you have anxiety when talking to people just know it won't be as bad at you think yeah sure some bad interactions happen but a lot of good ones happen too! I know you're better than this and can have so much better POSITIVE friends! You seem really sweet and just please don't talk to them anymore xoxoxo

I stopped reading after “it’s their rule.” i’m going to say this, find new friends. they not real friends. i know you a freshman but it’ll be easier to find friends now then later.. surround yourself w people that are influential. cut them hoes off