How should I approach this supervisor?

The medical director at my job is very overbearing. I am fine answering his questions regarding cases. However sometimes it gets to the point of workplace bullying. One of the social workers at my job recently resigned because she was in the same team office as him. I have been covering some cases on that floor. My other coworker said she yells back if he yells. I'm not going to do that. I just answer his questions. I did bring up a concern six months ago to my boss and HR but told them I didn't want to file any grievance because of the possibility of retaliation.

• Eva

The more he yells, the softer your voice should become when you answer his questions. It's extremely irritating. If that doesn't work, tell him you'll be glad to answer his questions when he's calmed down, and then walk away. You may have to do it several times before he gets the message.

Its not bullying. Feel free to quit or shut up.

If it is legal for ONE PARTY audio/video recording where you are...some places are ONE person, some are two person (you need one or two person consent)...and RECORD the interactions. Protect yourself...and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

• A Hunch
      1 month agoReport

It is NOT a good idea to record your co-workers, regardless if it's legal in your area.