Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Had a huge fight with family, should I move out?

I got sick of being treated like a slave and screamed at them for a good 5 mins. Basically they promise to pay me when I work for them but never do. They claim to be broke but always goto the casinos. I've also saved their lives multiple times but they show no gratitude whatsoever.

So should I just move out and write them out of my life?

If you can’t seem to get along with your parents, you might think they should do something to improve the situation. As we will see, however, there are steps you can take to reduce the frequency and ease the intensity of the conflicts. First, consider . . .

Why conflict happens

Thinking ability. As you grow up, you begin to think more deeply about things than you did when you were a child. You also start forming strong convictions​—some of which might be at odds with those of your parents. Nevertheless, the Bible says: “Honor your father and your mother.”​—Exodus 20:12.

Fact of life: It takes maturity and skill to disagree without being disagreeable.

Independence. As you mature, your parents will likely grant you greater freedom. The problem is, it might not be as much freedom as you want or as soon as you want it​—and that can lead to conflict. Nevertheless, the Bible says: “Be obedient to your parents.”​—Ephesians 6:1.

Fact of life: Often, how much freedom your parents grant you depends on how you handle the freedom you already have.

What you can do

Focus on your role. Instead of putting the entire blame on your parents for a conflict, consider what you can do to make peace. “It’s not always what your parents say but how you respond that adds to a conflict,” says a young man named Jeffrey. “Speaking calmly goes a long way toward smoothing things over.”

The Bible says: “As far as it depends on you, be peaceable.”​—Romans 12:18.

Listen. “I find that this is the hardest thing to do,” admits 17-year-old Samantha. “But I’ve also found that when parents see that you’re listening, chances are they’ll listen to you.”

The Bible says: “Be quick to listen, slow to speak.”​—James 1:19.

1. A frying pan on a stovetop catches on fire; 2. The fire rages out of control

Conflict is like a fire​—if it is not contained, it may rage out of control

Think like a teammate. Approach a conflict as you would a sport, such as a tennis match. But put the issue​—not your parents​—on the other side of the net. “In a conflict, parents want what they think is best for their teenager and the teenager wants what he thinks is best for himself,” says a young man named Adam. “So, at least in theory, they’re working for the same goal.”

The Bible says: “Pursue the things making for peace.”​—Romans 14:19.

Be understanding. “I find it helpful to remember that parents have to struggle with their own issues, which are often just as menacing as ours,” says a teenager named Sarah. A young woman named Carla takes it further. “I try to put myself in my parents’ position,” she says. “What would it be like for me if I were raising a child and dealing with the same situation? What would be in the best interests of my child?”

The Bible says: “Look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others.”​—Philippians 2:4.

Be obedient. In the end, that’s what the Bible requires you to do. (Colossians 3:​20) And things will go much easier for you if you comply. “My life is less stressful when I just do what my parents ask,” says a young woman named Karen. “They have already sacrificed a lot for me, so it’s the least I can do.” Obedience is one of the greatest antidotes for conflict!

The Bible says: “Where there is no wood, the fire goes out.”​—Proverbs 26:20.

Tip. If you find it difficult to communicate, try writing out your thoughts in a note or a text message. “I do that when I’m not in a good enough frame of mind to talk,” says a teenager named Alyssa. “It helps me to express myself without yelling or saying something I’ll regret later on.”

thats up to you if you want to move out

You should not fight with your family

• Tj

Get yourself another job, get your savings together,swt up finances. them move out.

Go for it.                      

Work for them in what way like chores or something different? You can be poor to go to the casino a lot of people have a addiction and are poor due to that reason. It's amazing how you've helped them out and saved their lives but if they aren't appreciating that then if you think it's best move out if nothing changes after you move out then if you'd like you can go ahead and cut them out. Although before you move out you need to make a plan where you're going to live, get money for food, clothes, bills and stuff like that. If you have no money and nowhere to go except couch hopping moving out at this point isn't such a good idea. If you don't have money for that stuff then get enough money and then move out. 

Good. Get the f­uck out already.