mack asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

how to meet people?

I"m thirty and I don't have any family or existing natural friends left over from high school plus I am currently unemployed...

Favorite Answer

Join a gym&participate in the actual classes they have & if u do go to the classes, go to the same one regularly. Like, every Tuesday at 8p. Familiarity, breeds comfort and the other participants will be more receptive to the face they regularly see. Strike up a convo, like "boy, today's class kicked my butt, what'd u think?" Also, go to happy hour restaurants/lounges(u can go to standalones or ones located inside of nice hotels) and sit at the bar. Go an hour before it ends and it should get busy within a couple hours. Someone will sit next to you and strike up a convo. If ur a guy, offer to buy a girl at the bar a drink. Join groups that do activities you like, u can google the activity you like along with group & city. Example: dodge ball team los angeles, give them a call & try it out. Just continue to be active and go out regularly after work weekdays& on weekends(one week day and one or two weekend days, REGULARLY).Ive moved a lot and became a friend making master of new cities.

I kinda know where youre coming from. Long story short I didnt have any friends when I moved out here and while I thought I made friends here and there I didn't. Then end of last year I started physical therapy and one of the providers I got seemed close to my age (I was 32 when I met her, now 33) it turns out she was a lot younger than I thought. But somehow we clicked so every time I had her we talked a lot. Trying to remember sometimes providers have really good bedside manners until one day she tells me "I'm your friend". So strange place, but the most recent way I made friends is at physical therapy. But I make friends in strange ways to begin with. My longest friendship is with a girl I met online. While that sounds bad, its not. We had a mutual guy friend we both knew in person and he thought we would connect really well so gave both of us the others contact info and we talked online a lot and connected that way. I think it was a few months before we met in person). But yeah ive made friends in church before too,  may depend on where you live. I havent made real friends at churches ive been to here.  But have in my last state. I'm not really an outgoing person so it helped when I had a scheduled time with someone who was. So may also depend on personality. I'm not usually the type to go up to anyone even in a class and start talking. Sorry just realized I dont think ive been helpful. Anyways, I know how you feel and hope you find friends soon or at least one.

• Tj

Go to a gym/ymca, church group, car club, any thing that interests you may have a group/club.

get a job...................

Tinder bro! Hope you have a smartphone for social networking apps

u should get a job where u can help customers.

u can work at the movie and do ticket taking.

u can work at the mall food court and serve food to customers.