Kate asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Should I join in the army?

Hello everyone, I want to consult something, I have been planning to join the army but I do not have a good reason to do that is to say I am not a patriot, I do not have military relatives, I would not like to kill people, I do not like to be yelled at, etc. In short, I have no reason to join the army or navy, but I still have the desire to join and every time I discard the idea, the desire returns. I've been like that for a year, so I want your opinion. Should I join? Should not? Any advice? If you put your opinion I would appreciate your argument. Thank you

• Bill-M

Maybe this will help make up your mind:

1. Army -  You get yelled at a lot during basic training same with the Marines.

You sleep in tents, Crawl trough the Mud and Eat MRE's.

2. Air Force -  Boot Camp is a Training school,  They actually teach you something. No Yelling.  No Mud, No tents and no MRE's.

Get the idea??

Don't be silly. Do you think WW2 was won by men who liked being yelled at? The Greatest Generation came from all sorts of different backgrounds. The difference with you is, you have a choice. 

You seem very wishy-washy to me.  Four years is an awfully long time to spend there, only to find out you really really (really) don't like it.  

Do you actually qualify to enlist? Until you can answer that, you're wasting your time with the question.

• Rick

GOOD place to learn a skill ...................................

Source(s): Retired Army SFC.

you do not seem the type to join as you are unable to make up your mind and you do not like to be yelled at and do not feel any pride in protecting America or giving up your life to join and be told what to do for four years.

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Stick to a topic you actually have some experience with.

• Dze

just play the game .. they'll make a man out of ya ...