promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it normal to feel like this?

So my brother was one of the most meaningful people in my life growing up. He’s 11 years older than me and after joining the navy when I was 13, I was devastated. He started by calling us almost every weekend, and now five years later never calls. He now lives in an entirely different state and he is getting ready to become a dad to a little girl. 

I can’t help but not want this new baby though. I feel as though now with her around, I will be forgotten by my once best friend. Before the baby he always was “busy” so he stopped calling. Now I feel as though he won’t even acknowledge that I even exist anymore. 

Is it normal to feel this way? It’s even making me start to resent my brother. I don’t want much to do with him. I know I should be happy but I can’t help but feel hes just one step closer to finally leaving me behind. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep, perfectly normal, although I'm not sure how that helps. Would you feel better about it if it wasn't normal to feel that way?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

no it is not. go seek counsling and write your brother a letter telling him how much you miss him and want to know why he abandoned you

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.