promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Drew asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

I’m bored of food now. Are there any realistic alternatives?

Every day for the last 17 years I’ve had food. Now I’m bored. Here’s my daily menu. Every day. This is what I know how to cook. It’s pretty healthy. 

Breakfast Soft boiled egg with brown breadCornflakes with skimmed milkBlack coffeeLunch

Ham sandwich on brown bread

Ready salted crisps

Dinner

Grilled chicken breast

Boiled potatoes

Green beans

Sweet corn 

Sometimes for a snack I’ll get some watermelon. 

I’m so bored. What good alternatives are there?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Damien
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

go eat food from other cultures like china. i recommend roasted crocodile with a pinch of fish flesh

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Go to the grocery store and just stroll up and down the aisles, and look for things that are different and that appeal to you. Get basic meats and then look for flavor packets that will give you things like chili, stir fry, meatloaf, curry, etc. Get a wider variety of veggies and fruits that you have never tried and try them. You will be surprised by what you find that tastes good. I recently tried prunes for the first time, assuming all this time that I never liked them, only to find out that they are really delicious. Get dried herbs and spices, or fresh, and add them to your meals to make things taste different. Garlic, onion, chives, chilli, celery seed, oregano, rosemary, summer savory, basil and turmerec are all really good flavor enhancers and really make a meal tasty if you use them when you cook.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yea try other cultures or google them

• 1 month ago

Exserpiement with some ethnic cuisines to mix it up, and add zest to your meals. Seasonings and herbs used in many ethnic cuisines can substantially alter flavor notes and make it interesting, like cumin, cilantro, basil, etc. For breakfast try some steel cut oats with plain yogurt, honey and diced pears. Lunch can be an antipasto with been a sandwich made with Naan bread, followed by fresh fruit snacks like cherries. Dinner can be a pasta with mixed vegs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

So stop eating the exact same thing. other foods exist. Try some.

• 1 month ago

that is not so healthy--you only have one serving of non starchy veg a day??  and you eat a ton of carbs.  have a salad for lunch.  maybe make a frittata in the morning.  have a piece of fruit.  grill a piece of fish, maybe some salmon with lemon and dill.

• 1 month ago

If this is all you have had in 17 years I can understand why you are bored. 

Take a month and make it a goal to learn 1 new recipe a week.  You will improve your diet, relieve your boredom learn how to cook at least 4 mew menu items. 

If you have friends that can cook better than you can ask them to show you how. most people would be happy to teach you a few new recipes.   

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Open a vein because  you are pathetic and hopeless and have zero gumption to find new food ideas (the internet is FULL of great ideas and recipes). Get with the program if you are not satisfied.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.