Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I hope I did the right thing. Do you think I did?

My ex wife Joan who I am on friendly terms with invited me to join her for lunch. She said she had some exciting news to tell me. At lunch she told me she was going to get married again and introduced me to her future husband Jim. I thought that was a little odd my ex introducing me to her soon to be husband but I was cool with it. He seemed like a nice guy and I congratulated them and wished them a happy life. I was happy to see she was getting on with her life.

I later got a call from Jim and he wanted me to tell him everything about Joan and he especially wanted details of our divorce. I told him my life with Joan was in the past and I had closed that chapter of my book and I had moved on and I would not discuss it with anyone. I suggested that if he did not know enough about her, he needed to date her for a longer period of time. The LAST thing I want to do is to get involved with her and her new husband.

Should I tell my ex wife what he is asking me or just stay out of her life and hope for the best.

Gals, if you were my ex wife what would you want me to do?

Favorite Answer

if you are amicable enough with your ex, i'd tell her.

cant blame a guy wanting to find out if she cheats or is financially irresponsible

Your ex thought enough of you to invite you to meet her fiance. I think you should tell her what he has said to you, it is up to HER to fill him in

You did exactly the right thing. I don't think you should get involved at all from now on.

• ?

Life's better when you don't involve yourself in other peoples' nonsense. If I saw a man beating a woman in public, I'd stay far from that, because the reality is that it doesn't matter your intentions, you could very easily make things way worse than they are.