What is causing my mom's car to vibrate and try to die when idle?

My mom has a 2003 sea breeze. Or sebring, (people sound like they say sea breeze when pronouncing it.) It has all kinds of problems, so far 800 dollars has been spent on fixing it. But when the car idles it shakes like crazy vibrating the whole car. A friend of mine suggested it could be the timing belt. It tries to die, but doesn't. So whatever it is, it is bad enough that it makes the car shake and tries to die only when idle, but not bad enough to actually cause it to die, but it sounds like it wants to. And I know nothing about vehicles. And it seems people in the family who know about vehicles can't figure it out. And it has been checked in plaza tire and say everything is fine, but that is rubbish.

EAST FIX and CHEAP too! Find a can of AMSOIL POWER FAOM!. USe it to clean yoru THROTTLE BOSDY and IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE! The use of CHEAP wax based oil wil cause these things to cloud up with BAD ENIGINE VAPORS< and WAX and TAR! I will NEVER use VALVOLINE as NO factory on earth will use it! IT haqs snet MORE engine s to the junk yard than any other type! USING PENNZOIL PLATINUMM wil get you an extended warranty to 500,000 MIELS! NOTHING BEATY THAT! I have gotten FOUR people new engines from GM and one from AUDI, from bad oil use! I DIRTY IDLE AIR CONTROL valve will cause EXACTLY what you have here! ALSO INSTALL NEW DENSO TWIN TIP IRIDIUM LASER PLUGS! BAD OIL VAPORS from WAX based oils will re condense on these parts and RUIN the idle and fuel mixture and even cause the CONVERTER to over heat! MY METHOd works EVERY SINGLE TIME on EVERY CAR out there!

Your mom has a 17 year old car and she has spent $800 fixing it.

THAT'S THE BEST DEAL EVER!!!! (unless you purchased it yesterday).

Plaza Tire sells TIRES!

If you want your car fixed, take it to a mechanic.

Well, #1 problem is that it's a Chrysler product. Don't know why they seem to have the worst history of issues under the hood and elsewhere. If they cleaned the throttle body and that didn't fix it, it sounds like you have at least one cylinder that is not firing. Could be a dead fuel injector, no power to an injector, low fuel pressure, no power to one or more spark plugs, coil pack or packs are dying. In some cases, very low oil pressure will do the same on an engine with very worn main and rod bearings. But, I suspect it's something electrical since 90% of all engine issues are in fact electrical. 

Get a compression test done on the engine.  The engine is likely shot.  It needs to be towed to the junk yard.

If you just want a guess, I'd guess one cylinder isn't firing. The truth is better than a guess. An OBD2 code scanner will get you closer to the truth than any guess. The trouble code tells a lot about where the problem is and how it might be fixed. In 17 years, there are a lot of things you should expect to wear out. Since a reasonable person doesn't WANT to spend the whole weekend under the hood. Get a cheap OBD2 code scanner and use it. Come back with the trouble codes if you don't understand what they mean, and we'll help you some more. Car part stores scan code for free. It isn't legal for them to diagnose cars unless they're certified mechanics or technicians. Since they sell parts, they likely will guess and recommend replacing parts- though there are NO OBD2 codes that tell you to replace a part, they may point out parts that need TESTING.

• Snezzy

A simple search on the internet (internet? whazzat?) turned up this:

https://takeit2thehouse.com/common-causes-of-a-rou...

where they give a number of possibilities, but do suggest taking the car to a good mechanic.

I would hazard a guess that "Plaza Tire" is not exactly the place to find your city's best mechanics.