Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Would it be wrong of me not to tell my mom about a potential problem with her dog?

Okay, this is going to be a really wierd post. I have a habbit of examining peoples animals when they arent looking, just to try in spot anything wrong with them, and then tell the owner, because I want to do the right thing. A couple months ago I was looking at my moms dogs prepuce (essentially a dog foreskin), because he was licking in that area. It looked really inflamed to me, so I told me mom. She didnt seem worried, but took him to the vet just to put my mind at ease. The vet said it was indeed inflamed, and that he thought her dog got something caught in there, so my mom was giving him pills for a few days. The seelling whent down. A couple weeks later i thought it looked inflamed again, so I told my mom. She took him to the vet, and the vet said it looked fine. I looked at it a couple weeks ago. I try to resist, because I dont want to spit something wrong and worry about it. About a week ago I noticed a little black spot on his prepuce. I dont remember seeing it before. I also noticed a black spot on his tummy. I convinced myself I was worrying too much, (which is probably what my mother would tell me) so I havnt looked at it again. I'm tempted to give it another look, but I'm afraid I'll see something worrisome. WIBTA if I didnt look at it because I dont want to worry, running the risk that something could be wrong, but no one would know because I havnt been keeping an eye on it? My mom said my sister, and her took a look at it about a week ago, and it looked good.

Use a shock collar.