Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do you believe Jesus meant that the Father of the Israelites, Jehovah, is the only God at John 17:1-3?

• TeeM

Yes:

(Genesis 28:13) “. . .“I am Jehovah the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. . . .”

(Exodus 3:15) “. . .‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

And even more:

(Psalm 50:1) “50 The God of gods, Jehovah, has spoken; He summons the earth. . .”

(Psalm 136:1, 2) “136 Give thanks to Jehovah, for he is good; His loyal love endures forever.  2 Give thanks to the God of gods, For his loyal love endures forever.”

(Daniel 2:47) “47 The king said to Daniel: “Truly your God is a God of gods and a Lord of kings. . .”

When Jesus identified Jehovah, his God and Father, as the "only true God" he proclaimed this fact to the world.

Why because this truth was included in God's word, and it has been translated and distributed around the word, in more languages than any other book.

Let us like Paul and Peter:

"Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," Eph 1:3 & 1 Pet 1:3.

.

Well...

"the father of the Israelites" could be

accurately

considered to be Jacob/Israel

or

Abraham

so

let's leave that part out for sure.

So

rather

let's say that

God the Father

the father of Jesus

NOT named "Jehovah" in that passage

is the only God

in the passage John 17:1-3.

He is saying that salvation comes from developing a relationship with Yehovah, God the Father AND Himself, God the Son.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, *** AND *** Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Consider this: Joh 14:7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.

• BJ

Absolutely, Jehovah is the only True God, The Almighty God.

Jesus said he was God's son, Almighty God said that Jesus was his son.

Jesus plainly stated that he was more than a good man. He said: I am God’s Son. John 10:36 Of course, anyone could claim to be the Son of God. But if Jesus’ claim were false, what would that make him? Really, not a good man, but a great fraud!

The most reliable testimony came from God himself. He twice said concerning Jesus: This is my Son. Matthew 3:17; 17:5 Just think: The Scriptures report only a few occasions when God’s own voice was heard on earth yet on two of them he affirmed Jesus as his Son!

This is by far the best proof that Jesus was who he said he was. Jesus never claimed to be God, but he repeatedly spoke of himself as God’s Son. Even his enemies acknowledged this.

Jesus never even suggested that he was God or was equal to him. So to teach such a thing dishonors Jesus.

He is God’s Son. Whereas his father is Almighty God.

Yes. Jehovah is the english translation of GOD's real, Israel, name. Most do not give GOD's real name out, so stop abuse of it. 

GOD created all everywhere!   GOD is invisible and we can never see. If we think/dream of GOD looking like anything, anywhere, we are sincerely Sinning against GOD and ourself. Hurting just ourselves.