Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Is Jesus the Jehovah of Jehovah's?

Or is he lord of lords

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Both.  I guess you could say Jesus is the YHWH of lords based on the passages below.  (Note that the second passage is a quote from Ps 110:1).

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Act 2:34  For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, 

Since the NT writers, inspired by the HS, chose to translate YHWH into "Lord" rather than transliterate it as "IAO" (like they did with every other OT name).  You could logically call Jesus either "Lord of lords" or "YHWH of lords" I guess.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, Jesus is not Jehovah.

At Jesus’ baptism a voice from heaven proclaims: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Matthew 3:17

Whose voice is that? It cannot be Jesus’ own voice; he is right there with John.

That voice is God’s. Clearly, Jesus is God’s Son. He is not God himself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.  Jehovah made Jesus!  Jehovah/GOD sent Jesus to us to teach us as Jehovah/GOD wants! 

If we take GOD's name in vain we are terribly sinning! 

If we take Jesus name in vain; the we are Not sinning at all. 

Now Jesus sits in Heaven, beside GOD. Doing only as GOD tells Jesus. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.