promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Why do we need a real estate agent when buying a home?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It depends what country you are in. Where I live the seller pays all commission, so an agent costs you nothing as a buyer. The agent helps you find a property, negotiates a good price on your behalf, gives advice, and makes sure the contract is solid. In other words it is well worth getting an agent. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Makes house hunting easier, and to dot the i's and cross the t's on all of the somewhat complex forms. [You can hire a real estate lawyer to do this. Sometimes that is cheaper.]

• 2 months ago

the biggest benefit is they can access lock boxes to get keys to take you to look at houses.

• 2 months ago

We don't! 

You can buy/sell property as long as all the proper paperwork gets done, and any costs covered. You don't even need a lawyer to do the conveyancing.The only reason for agents and lawyers to get in on the act is to ensure that the procedures are all followed. It also makes the process a lot easier since they do that kind of thing regularly enough to not screw it up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't "need" one,as I bought my condo without a specific agent, but a good agent can be helpful in finding what a buyer wants, and inexperienced buyers can use help about process. They also can know of homes not yet listed in MLS. Typically, buyers agent shares the sellers agent commission, and is no direct cost to a buyer.

• 2 months ago

They come armed with a list of sellers being the main reason. They can also ensure you don't pay too much.

• 2 months ago

they are a scam...but they help you from getting scammed by someone else

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.