If I get a master's in math and apply as a college professor, what salary should I expect to earn?

To get a position as a professor, you generally need a doctorate degree.

You might be able to start as a lecturer with a masters.

It takes years to work up to associate professor.

And years more to become a professor and get tenure. The amount you make depends on the program, school, location and probably many other factors.Many times the job listing will say Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.

You might become an adjunct Assistant Professor which is very part time and no guarantee of continuing. I made between $2000 and $3000 per class which can last from 8 to 12 weeks,

That depends on the geographic location you are in and the type of college.  I have a PhD and teach statistics (though I am not a Math major) online at a national university in the Midwest that only pays $2700 per class.  For an average of 3-4 classes at the Cal State at which I teach, I made just about $49,000.  At the California community college at which I teach 2-3 classes I actually made more than the Cal State at $57,000.  I was also a private contracted instructor at a nonprofit college that only paid $40 per hour, so after taxes about half went right into what I owed the IRS.  

I started my teaching career at a private for profit university with my Master's while I was pursuing my PhD, and that paid $40 an hour plus benefits.

PhD needed. A community college MIGHT consider someone with a master's degree, but don't count on earning much on a per-course contract. You'd earn more with math degree plus M.Ed to get state certification as a math teacher in public schools.

The others are being a little on the negative side. Community colleges mostly hire math professors with master's degree, and the pay can be quite decent. Math teachers are hard to find. However, salaries vary a great deal depending on the area. Where the cost of living is high, the salaries are high. Don't choose a job based only on salary. Look at how much housing costs, and how high the state taxes and property taxes are. The amount of money you get to keep is quite different from the base salary. 

• MS

You won't likely get an actual professor position with only master's degree.  Most all 4-year schools will require a doctorate.  You may get an adjunct or temporary position teaching introductory courses, or may be able to get a position at a community college.  None of that will pay especially well, although it varies a bit by where you work.  People who start out at my university with a PhD usually earn between $45,000 and $55,000 at first.

• Laurie

You will need a PhD unless you find a really small community college that is hard up for teachers.

The salary depends heavily on the school. Some schools have mor money than others.

As an adjunct instructor, you may be paid by the course. When I taught computer science at a four year university, I was paid $3500 - $4000 per course, per semester. A friend who held a masters and was enrolled in a PhD program was paid $2600 per course per semester to teach English.

When my husband was hired full time on the faculty of a four-year university, as a research fellow teaching computer science courses, his beginning salary was $72,000 per academic year.

Probably none. Professors usually have the PhD.

Adjunct professors, working on a per-class basis at lesser colleges and community colleges, may get work with only a master's. They also get low pay and no benefits like insurance. You can literally do better working in an office.