Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Will god forgive me for being liberal?

I used to be a liberal until I realized I was sinning. Will god accept me in heaven once I die? Is it too late for me now? I decided to be a good person and turn republican, but I’m scared it won’t be enough.

Democrat or Republican or Peace and Freedom or Independent, we can all obey God, keep his commandments, and do good to other people. It doesn't seem likely that Democrats as a whole will do that, however.

• Hogie

You cannot make yourself over into someone who does not sin. You cannot achieve this perfection based on your own efforts. As it is written, God justifies the ungodly. This is done through faith, and not behaviour modification by you.

No he won’t, being a liberal is unforgivable 

He'll forgive you for trolling. But for your own self you must REPENT.

You should have just changed your interpretation of God to suit your politics. That's what most Christians do.

• Rayal

Obvious troll is obvious. 

Once again we see someone who has politics and religion all confused. When the GOP started pretending it was a religion it lost all credibility with intelligent people.

Do you think Jesus was conservative? Think about it.Since liberal can be synonymous with generous, this fits Jesus perfectly. When it comes to giving, nobody out gives Jesus. He was liberal in his love. He was liberal with his life. He called his disciples to live outrageously liberal lives. He challenged a rich young ruler to sell all and give it to the poor. Jesus is generosity.

• That's hilafrious.

Not if he is really omniscient.