Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Messed up on my Internship?

I am doing my accounting internship. It was my first day. After i finished my accounting work, i didn't check if my worked balanced, until my boss came and asked me if it all balanced. It didnt balance, i was off by a thousand dollars. I didnt even bother to check. there was 15 more minutes until i can go home, so i was already ready to go. My boss said just go home, we will fix it later. I feel really bad.

• Eva

OMG. Always, ALWAYS, check your work. Balancing is fundamental to accounting.

Yep, you messed up.  Live and learn.  An internship is where you learn how to apply your academic knowledge to a work environment.  You've just learned two important lessons:

1. ALWAYS check your work and make sure your accounts balance.

2. In a professional job, you don't go home until the work is done.  If you want to "clock out at quit'n time," you don't get a profession job.

• Judy

OK, mistakes happen, and you learned something, to check things better. Do so in the future. It's not as big a deal as you feel like it is.

• Jim

Not only the work part, but you don't even know how to ask a question.