promotion image of download ymail app

I have type 2 and my readings are usually around 130 but today it is over 200. What can I do to get it back down? I take metformin.?

4 Answers

  • Shay
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Be careful of what you eat for the next 24 hours.

    Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.  Your body will be peeing more to try to flush out that sugar.

    Take a walk or get some other light exercise to help burn some of that sugar.

    If your readings don't stay down and you haven't changed your eating habits, then you need to consult your doctor.  Diabetes can be a progressive condition and what worked to manage it in the past might stop working and changes might be needed in how your diabetes is treated.  Higher doses of metformin or adding another medication might be needed.  DO NOT self medicate and just take more metformin.  Let your doctor make the choice of what is needed if your levels continue to go high.  

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    have some cheese

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Try drinking more water.

    In order for insulin to process the sugar, it has to enter the bloodstream. Blood is normally 94% water. When you become dehydrated it loses 8% of its water volume, which increases viscosity.

    The thicker blood inhibits the ability of insulin to effectively enter the bloodstream, ergo" "insulin resistance".

    Keeping the blood at the proper viscosity should help correct the problem.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    It is normal for your blood sugar readings to range depending on what you have eaten recently. When you see a rise in your blood sugar you should think about what you ate recently and be mindful to try to avoid those foods in the future.

    Be sure to watch what you are eating and keep track of how much sugar and carbohydrates are in these foods. Also, keep track of your blood sugar readings and be sure to share them with your doctor so that he/she can make changes to your medications if needed to better control your diabetes.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.