Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I am a fulltime mother lady of leisure but I feel I need to work why do I feel like this ?

My husband has a good job I have a small business where I earn sometimes I love my child to bits I worked 11 years before I had my baby and being a mother Is everything I wanted but i feel like i dont hav enough money i hate asking my husband for luxury spending like new clothes ans ti be honest it's impossible for me to go out and work my child is very small i would like to look after him myself 

• Ana

Without knowing your husbands exact income, it’s hard to give an accurate answer here lol

Maybe it’s not money that you’re missing, maybe it’s a sense of purpose or friendship or hard work

But if it really is money, try to get a job where you work from home

• Foofa

Because normal human beings want to feel productive. When your child is older you'll have more time to pursue money making opportunities.

• David

OK, this is not going to be the answer you are expecting.  But it's what you need to hear.  How much have you invested yourself in the stock market, using an online brokerage account in your own name?  You mention "luxury spending like new clothes", but a new mother has no use for such luxury spending.  On the other hand, we all have to retire someday.  And only a fool would depend on a spouse's retirement plan to cover all retirement expenses.  If you are in the new mother phase of your life, NOW is the perfect time to get your extra money to work for you, using that power of compound interest...

A few small investments now, even less than a thousand bucks to start...

Could add up to millions in about 30 years.  If you choose your investments wisely.  Think of companies that regularly pay dividends (set your account to auto-reinvest the dividends), and are likely to be around still in 30 years...

Good luck...

• rose2 months agoReport

Thank you soo much for this I like honest people like u
      . But how am I suppose to invest with no income