jrt asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Is it easy to make homemade pasta, and does it turn out well even if it's the first time making it? Tips are welcome !?

Favorite Answer

its easy to make the dough but time consuming.

I made them for years and years as did my mother.

1 egg for every cup of flour, a dash of water if needed and mix to make a stiff dough.

Roll out as thin as possible and allow to dry somewhat.

Then cut into thin strips and flour lightly so they don't stick together and spread on the table. Allow to dry some more while you get the water boiling.

Drop into boiling salted water and stir to make sure they don't clump together.

Once they float, boil for a minute or 2 and drain.

Done.

Yes it’s easy but a bit time consuming.

Yes it can turn out fine the first time. You make it.

You pretty much need a pasta roller to make pasta at home, although you can do it without it you’ll probably get frustrated.

To be successful, get a recipe, look on line for recipes with high ratings from lots of people who have tested it, and follow it EXACTLY.

I’ve made pasta many many many times, my favorite pasta to make is ravioli. You can make your dough in a food processor on by hand on the countertop. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS IN YOUR RECIPE EXACTLY FOR SUCCESS.

Very easy, but the important factor is in rolling it paper thin, which is the biggest mistake people make, resulting in a tough texture,

• CB

Easy - eh, not complicated and doesn't take many ingredients and there are some very good recipe online. Takes some kneading, and rest period in the fridge and after rolling and cutting.

While you can roll it by hand with a rolling pin you will likely get better results from a pasta rolling machine (attachments available for kitchen-aide mixers work well). 

I have only been happy with the final cooked products about half the time......but haven't practiced it enough to really fine tune the process, pasta is cheap to buy and I am a happy with the store bought (dry or fresh products). Tip: Best results have been from making ravioli - Might as well make the hardest and tastiest pasta (IMO) if you are going to invest that much time into the process - make it good. 

• ckngbbbls

no rest period in fridge needed. Keep in mind that home made noodles have been made long before there was refrigerators.