Mi asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I did some cringey things when I was younger...how do I forget? ?

I'm not gonna give details of what I did, I don't need that on the internet, but are there any ways to stop thinking about things I've done, or how to stop it from effecting me now.

Favorite Answer

Distract yourself. If you aren't in a place where you can move past it then try not to think about it.

Pay it forward.   Do some nice things for others that are equal to the bad things you did.   Do this until you feel like you are ok.  AND confess to God and ask for forgiveness.   He will forgive you since you are truly repenting.

• Mi1 month agoReport

I didn't do anything illegal or shady, Im just terrible at social interaction

• Carmen

One major way is to keep asking for forgiveness of your past actions prove you're sorry about them by your daily actions try to be the best you possible and if needed or applicable apologize to anyone needed to clear your conscience so you can keep a calm heart and peace of mind we can't undo the past we can only get better with the future .

• amy

we all do crinegy things when we are younger. It is a natural part of growing up. However in my youth mind sweeper for the millionth times was better then in the internet. My cringe is forever lost in time with no traces.

Uh.....maybe you need therapy. Because what is past is past, change be changed. just forget about it and move on.

• Mi1 month agoReport

not really that easy.

Chances are, there are more cringeier things on the internet done by others that yours does not even matter.  Just look for them Cherise,. They go good with a white table wine.

• Linda

We've all done things in the past that were cringey as you called it, Carmen, and we regret. The only way to move past it, is to change your life and live each day to the fullest, change who you are and be a responsible, caring person. If you find that hard, seek counseling and find supportive friends who have a similar mindset and are positive. Set goals and go back to school, take care of yourself, and do things to make you feel good. Each day is a chance to change the past. Soon those bad memories will just be distant memories and you will hardly believe that was you because you have changed so much.

Source(s): Changed from who I used to be

you have to have LEARNT from your mistakes and feel that you have become a wiser, more mature and better person because of them

We've all done some things in the past that we wouldn't want people to know about. The most important thing is that we know they were done in the past and would never be repeated. Just continue to do well in the future and don't worry about the past. I'm 79 and what I did years ago is behind me. Presently, and for the past 40 years or so, things are great.

• Duck

You just have to accept that you did some cringe worthy things - we all have - and move on.

If you find that past actions are giving you pretty serious issues now, you might want to talk to a counselor or therapist.

nope, that s life. and if you dont share then people will automatically assume the worst.

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I'm absolutely certain, as you incorrectly used an apostrophe in the word "bothers". Also, not comma after "you". If I had made such a mistake, I would've been reported thousands of times already.