Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Is retail a hamster wheel ?

I’ve been working in retail for the past several years and it’s like one long day that never ends. I legit see the same people every single day I work. Do these people have nothing better to do? Why are they spending all their free time at the store?. Around the same time every single day here they come strolling In. Me personally. I spend my time off bettering my life so I don’t have to shoot myself because I stilll work here. I find ways to avoid human interaction meanwhile these people are so bored they crave it and hunt for it. Is there more to life than shopping ?

• Foofa

Some people thrive in a retail environment, for others its hellish. But there are a lot of board and lonely people in the world, often retired, who haunt the same stores every day just to keep active. This would especially be true if your store is located in a mall of any sort. So if you hate it maybe look for a different line of work.

Most jobs are as you complain!

How about giving yourself to GOD and going out and helping and rescuing others? Pray to GOD about this! With GOD comes real LOVE! 

• Lv 7

people who have money, shop.

people who don't, work.

that is the consumerist way of life.

• Random

You'll find that's pretty true with most jobs.  It's just the same thing day after day for years and years.  Welcome to adulthood.  Alcohol helps.