Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

Why do people call me beautiful or say that I am? When I feel the complete opposite? ?

So I think for quite sometime I’ve had self esteem issues. I think it all goes back to when I was younger I had 2 cousins who I was always compared to.. I would be called a lot of things and I became a little obsessed with my weight and how my face looks.

As I got older I would always get called beautiful. I actually still do. And yeah I like to dress up, do my makeup. It’s normal but even then I still feel super insecure for the reasons listed above. I get told I have a pretty symmetrical face, that I have a nice body, ( I workout to feel good about my self and to stay fit). I get told ALOT that I look much younger than I am. I’m 27 by the way. I actually get a lot of compliments and most of the time I don’t believe them for some reason.When I look in the mirror or take a selfie I feel insecure. I see that my face isn’t what people say it is. I actually feel the complete opposite. It’s taken me a long way, but I’ve gotten better about judging myself especially my looks.I’m not tall, I’m average, I’m petite, I have medium brown eyes ( they look lighter in the sun). I have fair skin, medium- long brown hair, and I have a freckle on the right side of my face ( just like the actress Blake Lively). just so curious as to why I can’t see what they see. 

• Dr. D
    Favorite Answer

I sounds there is nothing wrong with your looks and you just suffer from a low self esteem. Even people who are very good looking will always find something wrong with themselves. They normally don't mind because they know that looks are only temporary. What really matters in life isn't your looks - seek truth, practice being loving, relish beauty all around you. That's what matters in life.