promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Would a Founders NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPU + Ryzen 2600 produce better results on a 27" 1080P or a 1440P monitor?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Best cloud rendering from https://gpuhub.net

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

you haven't defined "better". if you are doing detailed pixel by pixel editing of video, you want the higher resolution monitor. if you are playing fast paced games, the lower one will render scenes faster

• 1 month ago

You're going to get higher framerates and you'll be able to come close to maxing out any game at 1080p with that hardware. Yes, the GTX 1070 is not the badass card it used to be. There are games like Control and Assassin's Creed Odyssey that won't be able to attain 60fps at 1080p with a GTX 1070 at Maximum settings. 

At 1440p you'll still be able to play most games at Medium to Max settings with that setup.

When in doubt about picking Hardware for a PC build, pick the CPU for Framerate and pick the GPU for the Settings and Screen Resolution. If you wish to game on a 1080p 144hz monitor then a GTX 1070 would be fine because you can adjust the settings to get the framerate you want, but I would suggest going with a better CPU.

The Ryzen 5 2600 will have no trouble being able to feed a steady 90fps, so if you're gaming on a 60hz monitor then it will do fine. Once you get to 100fps then an Intel i7 CPU like the 8700k, 9600k, or 9700k would be more preferable. The newer Ryzen 3000 series processors do fairly well. The Ryzen 5 3600 with a good CPU cooler is on the heels of the Core i7-8700k in gaming.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.