Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Would you date someone still living with their spouse? ?

I’m dating this woman still living with their husband, they are in the process of separating. But for some odd reason they only talk to me when alone, I’m only allowed in their home when they are alone. At night when the spouse is home they ever call me. They always use an excuse of them falling asleep or taking medication. Should I continue to date them or could it be a lie? Does it sound fishy to anyone? 

• David
    Favorite Answer

OK, first you need to understand...there are all types of divorces.  Some of them are quite friendly.  Others are terrible...

If you are going to divorce your husband, that doesn't necessarily mean that you HATE your husband.  You might even still feel "love" for your husband, at least to some degree.  But it takes a lot more than love to sustain a marriage.  If your woman is telling the truth, then both husband and wife have decided that the marriage is over...all but the paperwork, that is.

But you think the woman is acting funny for a few reasons like you can only visit when hubby isn't around, and she'll only talk to you when hubby isn't around...

Well, look at the situation from the woman's point of view.  First, she isn't trying to hide you.  If she was, you would never be allowed in her house.  Neighbors notice, and neighbors talk.  So you can be 100% sure that if you've spent time in their home, then hubby knows about you.  But again, thinking from her point of view...are you going to bring a lover into your home when your husband is there?  Not likely.

Also, are you going to talk to your lover on the phone with your husband around?  That would be rather cruel.  Even if the husband is OK with you dating someone, then you don't want to rub his nose in it.

SHE really shouldn't be dating anybody if she's still living with her husband.  But there are many reasons why people who are divorcing continue to live with each other, even if they are sure the marriage is over.

I don't see anything fishy here.  But you have a choice to date somebody else, if you want to.

I am sorry to say your just a side peace. :) 

Maybe they aren’t separating I would be careful with this.

LMAO. Absolutely not.

Enjoy the forbidden sex. 

• Foofa

I'd tell her that once she's living separately you'd be happy to date her but until that time it's just too weird. Turns out getting a divorce and moving on with your life can be expensive. One of those expenses is having to find a place to live.

• David

Yes that is a HUGE expense related to divorce that you might not consider until you are facing a divorce yourself.  Last summer, I was paying rent on two places for a while.  OUCH!!!

Why do you want complicated person to date!

Find a single person!

No, I wouldn't, and you shouldn't. The entire situation is suspicious and I think you're being played for a fool.

• Robert

If it walks like a cheater, talks like a cheater, and sneaks around like a cheater, it may in fact be a skank.

You already asked this "question".