Is it too late to back out of the army? ?

Hello, so recently I did my first Meps visit which was completing the asvab test and once I got back I realized that I won't want to pursue this. I haven't not picked out my job nor am I scheduled yet for my second Meps visit in which I'll undergo the physical and sworn my oath. Even though I haven't signed off the final papers and gotten a date for boot camp.. Is it too late to back out? What happens if I do?

Favorite Answer

You can back out up until the time you leave for Basic as long as you are not in Reserves/NG. You need to call your Recruiter and tell him/her that you are no longer interested and thank them for their time and effort. Just remember if you decide to join in a few years you will run into some road blocks 

There's nothing for you to "back out" of. Did you sign a contract? No, so you're under no obligation and it's better you quit now than after the Government has wasted any more money on you.

discuss with your recruiter

• God

As long as you haven't signed the final papers and taken the oath you are still a civilian.