Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Any one know anything about this serving platter?

Tried searching it up on the internet, couldn't find anything, any info (like the date, who it's by or how much it's worth) would be much appreciated lol.

If anyone is able to identify it, it will be from information/marks on the back/base of the bowl not from the decoration on the front.

Well, if I got a meal served on *that* vulgar monstrosity in a restaurant I'd pay my bill immediately and sneak out with eating it! I would!

• Blonde

Looks like a cast mold plate. It may have been part of a gift series from Avon or Home Interiors. It’s lovely! It’s only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I often scour thru antique stores for such items to use in my home. I hate new stuff. I say keep it and use it yourself :) What a nice serving plate for cut veggies! 

It appears to be hand made and is likely not an item that was mass-produced. I don't think you are going to learn anything definitive until you take it to someone that is a recognized authority on folk art.